Monday, January 28, 2008

The light at the end of the tunnel???

DAY 1 of Potty Training!!!

We decided that we were going to start potty training Kendall instead of just letting her initiate it. So...when Kendall woke up this morning - we took off her night-time diaper and then went and sat on the potty for 5 minutes (I have an egg timer in the bathroom now...). Three little drops later...Kendall got a M&M. We will try to sit on the potty every two hours for 5 minutes...and every time she goes tinkle or poopie she gets a M&M. I can already tell, though, that I really need to buy some pull-ups...as it is a little difficult to put a regular diaper on right as your child is standing up... Thank goodness I have Carson who will eventually fit into size 5 diapers...because I just bought a huge box of them for Kendall...and now I see how pull-ups will be very useful. So anyway - please pray that Kendall gets the hang of it relatively quickly (I know she wants more M&Ms...so if nothing else - that might be motivation enough!!!). If she does - not only will her Daddy and I be happy...but so will our garbage man...

That is all for now...but I will be back on to download a video of our little girl singing...she is so incredibly cute!!! The video takes forever to download...and I still need to get stuff together to go to her MusikGarten class this morning...and do another potty sitting...so I'll have to download it when the kids are sleeping...

No comments: