Saturday, January 02, 2010

What a decade!




Not only a new year...but a new DECADE. Wow. Think of the possibilities! I actually shudder when I think of where I was ten years ago - January 2, 2000. So...a brief recap of my last ten years:

2000 - January - married to a sadistic, controlling man (NOT Jeff)
- June - leave the above said man & move in with Mom & Dad in Jacksonville, FL
- October - officially is divorced from above man


2001 - January - living with Mom and Dad still
- April/May - buy my own home
- June - pick up Chance at the local humane society


2002 - January - living on my own with Chance in my own house - happy
- June - start communicating via e-mail with a man 90 miles away from me in Gainesville
- July - meet said man in person in St. Augustine
- November - we tell each other that we love each other (BIG step for me...)


2003 - January - get engaged to Jeff at the same place we met in person just 6 months before
- April - move to Gainesville to live with Jeff and his dog, Buddy


2004 - April - get married - HAPPY
- November - experience a devastating loss (miscarriage)


2005 - January - sell our house and move into an apartment while our new house is being built
- March - go on an early anniversary cruise and come home with a wonderful souvenir
- October - move into our new house
- November -welcome the birth of our beautiful little girl, Kendall


2006 - November - announce at Kendall's birthday party that we are pregnant once again


2007 - January - fly to Phoenix, AZ to watch our beloved Gator football team win the BCS National Championship game
- June - experience the devastating loss of our beloved Buddy, 13 year old yellow lab
- July - welcome the birth of our very boisterous and happy little boy, Carson


2008 - April - bring home a new addition to the family, a yellow lab puppy, Rally


2009 - January - December - just try to make it day to day as a family of four with two big dogs





Wow...if you were adding everything up - that makes 5 moves for me in the last 10 years...3 pregnancies...2 children...3 dogs... What is most important for me though - is leaving behind a very miserable and trying time of my life to be with the love of my life and my best friend, Jeff. Should I even try to predict what the next 10 years will be for us? Hmmm... I actually almost tried to do it...but it is impossible. What is most shocking for me, I think, is that in 2020 - Kendall will be 14 years old and Carson will be 12...wow...that is impossible to imagine right now. It is hard to imagine how different our lives will be at that point. Right now I'm up to my eyeballs in diapers and sippy cups...10 years from now I'll be dealing with hormones and boyfriends/girlfriends. Right now I am chasing around 2 BIG dogs and cleaning up tons of itsy bitsy little toys that make you tear up when you step on them...10 years from now one of our beloved dogs will definitely be gone and I'll be trying to get the attention of my kids away from their computers or iPods or whatever new technology is around at that point. Right now I have only 4 mornings a week all to myself while the kids are in school....10 years from now I'll be alone 5 full days a week...lonely...



Who would have thought 10 years ago when I was in a very unhappy marriage with the WRONG guy...that I would now be in a very happy marriage with Mr. Right and two beautiful little kids. Amazing what can happen in 10 years.



Here's to the next 10!!!


Happy New Year!

1 comment:

aprilnoshoes said...

I loved reading this...we are sooo on the same wavelength!!! Read mine and you'll see what I mean. I'm really glad you are where you are now....instead of where you were. I'm also so thankful that you are my friend. I've missed you over the holidays, let's get together soon!