Monday, February 18, 2013

40 Day Fitness Challenge - Week 1

Today is actually day 5...so not quite a whole week.  Although - I have done something "active" (moving/exercising 20-40 minutes) 6 out of the last 7 days.  Already I feel better...and I am craving the exercise.

Today for example...my hubby is out of town and the kids are out of school.  I went to the gym yesterday - and I typically run Monday, Wednesday and Fridays...so I decided the kids would ride their bikes and I would run with Rally behind them.  Then...Carson decided he wanted to do Kendall's scooter and NOT his bike.  UGGHHH  Just as I suspected...not only was I mainly walking...but I also ended up carrying his/her scooter half the time...we only went 1.3 miles in 18 minutes...which is horrible time...but I guess you can say that at least I did something...  Just really is frustrating.  They aren't old enough for me to leave them alone for 30 minutes.  It seems silly to find a sitter or someone to watch them for 30 minutes...so that means I have to have a sub-par workout unless I go to the gym and run on the "dread"mill (as someone I know calls it).

I have to say - this challenge is more challenging (ha) than I thought it would be...  Saturday I didn't do anything - because by the time we ran a few errands, then Jeff had to go to the office to get stuff ready for his trip (which he was leaving on early the next day)...I just never got anything done.  Miscommunication and mis-timing on Jeff and my part lead to the fact that I didn't do anything.  Tomorrow is going to be a struggle too...as I can't go in the morning (Jeff isn't home...can't leave the kids), and I've got appointments to be at from 9am until 1ish pm.  I will have to go in the afternoon and take a shower before I have a meeting that night.

How do single parents do it?  Stay in shape, do house stuff, work & kids???  I can't do a weekend....

Anyway - I know I sound really down on the whole thing right now...but I am just frustrated about my lack of exercise the last few days...wow.  One week in and I'm already hooked! :)

No comments: