Monday, December 24, 2007

Twas the morning before Christmas...

Twas the morning before Christmas
And the only one up and around
Was a sleepy headed Mommy
No one else was to be found


The child that had beckoned her
At a quarter till five
After a diaper change and an hour rocking
Was once again a sleeping child


Her husband was snug sleeping
Safe and sound in their bed
With visions of football bowl games
Being played in his head


The blue eyed blonde sprite
Who filled their days with much chatter
Was sleeping soundly in her bed
Not a pitter or a patter


Chance, the brave protector dog
Of her family of four,
Didn't even twitch a muscle
When earlier she had opened the bedroom door


"Now that my boy child
Is back to sleep with much fuss
What shall I do with this 'free' time?
A question many moms ponder I trust."


"Shall I spend it doing something
I can't do during the day
Because two little children
Demand all my attention away?"


"Shall I go back to bed
for some much needed zzz's?
Just a little more sleep would make me
Much more easy to please."


"No," she thought to herself with a laugh
"Who needs sleep to get through the day?
After a few cups of coffee
I'll be most ready to play."


"So I'll log onto my blog
And send out a cheer
To wish all my family and friends
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!"


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great description of the joys of kids on Christmas Eve. Maybe in our next lives we will experience the joy. Who knows, maybe we already did learn our lesson that we needed to learn and have moved on to a new lesson to learn. ?? Love you.
AG & UC