Sunday, July 06, 2008

Oops...I did it again...

No no...not the Britney Spears version...the version where its been two weeks again since I last posted. Since my last post on June 18 (um...that would be 2 1/2 weeks ago or so I believe...)...here are some pictures and brief comments as to our world:

On Friday the 20th we drove down to Orlando for the weekend. We went to "Go Diego Go" live on Saturday morning...which was so much fun for Kendall. Carson really didn't "get" it (of course...) and it was a bit loud so Jeff and I took turns walking Carson around the outside of the Arena (it was held in the new UCF Arena).
Then Sunday morning we went to Magic Kingdom. It was fantastic!!! It was hot as blazes and we got rained on at the end of the day...but the kids did great and we all had a great time. Plus - Kendall got to meet a couple of the Disney Princesses and she got to ride on her first roller coaster (a kiddie one in a little-one friendly section of the park) with Daddy. The funniest thing that happened that whole weekend, though, was when Kendall and Carson got to meet Pluto...Carson got a hold of Pluto's tongue...and started to try to chew on it!!! Unfortunately...none of the pictures came out when he was doing it...but here are a few other ones.



The next weekend we celebrated Carson's first birthday a few days early by having a pool party for him on Saturday. Unlike his sister, who barely touched her cake on her first birthday, Carson tore into his cake and was covered!!! I can't believe my little guy is already a year old. It really doesn't seem possible...

What is it about babies wanting to feed thier mommy??? Oh...and the two little hands you keep seeing pop into the screen are the dear children of a dear friend of mine, Gabi & Kennedy.



Then this weekend, we left on Friday the 4th to go to Mom and Dad's for the weekend. Denise came over with her little Daisy dog, and my friend Maria came over on Friday for a small cookout and to watch Rally swim in the pool for his first time.
Group hug!!!
Then we went to the zoo on Saturday:



We just got home today...just in time for me to start obsessing about our 11 day trip to the mid-west. The idea of driving for basically 5 of the 11 days doesn't exactly thrill me...especially since I'm not altogether positive the little ones will be happy with it...but I am excited about seeing some friends and family that we haven't seen in a long time and attending my cousin's wedding in Missouri.
So...as we'll be on the road for basically the next 2 weeks...most likely you won't hear from me again until after the 21st. I might try to jump online and do a quick post as to our progress along the way...but no promises... :)

No comments: