Friday, July 18, 2008

A traveling we will go...

Hello all from sunny Columbia, MO!!!

The kids are currently napping and we got the laptop to work the last two nights in St. Charles and here in Columbia...so I thought I would do a quick update as to our trip.

After leaving Oklahoma City we stopped in Springfield, MO for the night. That is the town where I went to college (Missouri State University). First of all...my memory SUCKS!!! I really think that I never went anywhere around town...because I don't remember hardly anything. Second...Springfield and the campus especially are so small!!! I remember being stressed out thinking I wouldn't be able to make it to my classes on time...and Jeff and the kids and I walked around basically the whole campus in about 20 minutes. Either the campus has shrunk or my world has grown... We met and had dinner with one of my best friends from college, Renee, and her husband, Greg, and their kids, Maddy (8) and Gage (4). It was so nice reconnecting. After I graduated...I saw her one other time...and lost track of her (with the help of a controlling and abusive ex-husband). Luckily - I managed to find her a few years ago...and we've e-mailed a few times since then. I told Jeff that I was scared that we wouldn't hit it off since it had been so long since we last talked...and the last time we did talk wasn't under the best of circumstances to my best recollection. However - it was just like old times...no one could hardly get a word in!!! We met for dinner at 6:30 pm and before we knew it, it was 9pm and the kids were miserable... I really hope that we get to see each other again soon...or at the very least stay connected. She is a great lady!!!

Wednesday we went to St. Charles and checked into yet another hotel. We went to my friend, Bobbie's house for dinner - and her daughter, Paige, and Kendall got to run around and play. Unfortunately...we weren't able to stay very late...because Carson was just plum exhausted and was extremely fussy the whole night.

Thursday we went to Grant's Farm with the kids and my friend, Michele, and her daughter, Ella. It was hot as blazes...but so much fun. I can honestly say it has probably been at least 20 years since I was last there...and it was so fun getting to watch the girls feed animals and play with each other. Once we left there, we went back to the hotel for the kids (okay...me too...) to nap, then we went to Michele's house for dinner. Her husband, Scott, was out of town on business, but his mom, June, was there helping Michele with their new baby, Spencer. Their house is BEAUTIFUL!!! Jeff said the best part was Scott's "man cave"...all decked out with a full wet-bar, pool table, HUGE couch, and big-screen TV...plus TONS of sports memorabilia hung all around the room. It was really nice!!! Too soon...we had to get back to the hotel and get the kids in bed...

So this morning we drove to Columbia, had an early lunch, checked into the hotel, and went swimming in the indoor pool for about 30 minutes. Now....the kids and Jeff are asleep as I type this entry. Tomorrow we head home. We made reservations in Chattanooga, TN (which is about 9 hours away)...which would make our drive on Sunday only about 7 hours... keep your fingers crossed for us! When I get home I'll post lots of pictures!

No comments: