Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Exploding Grills...

I feel like we had a "commercial" worthy moment last night...

We made steaks last night on the grill. Jeff likes his steak pretty much bloody...so he pulled both of ours off of the grill early. However...I am just a little more picky than he (ok...a LOT pickier than he is...), and kindly asked if my steak could be put back on a few minutes longer so that it would stop mooing at me. Dutifly, he puts the steak back on the grill. Three minutes later he gets back up and turns the steak over then comes back to eat. A minute later, Jeff's head cocks to one side as he looks out the window onto our back porch where the grill sits. Suddenly he jumps out of his chair and runs out the back door. I then see what his excitement was about. Thick black smoke was rolling out of the closed grill. Jeff opens the grill and removes my steak, flame still attached to it. He comes running back into the house "I need the fire extinguisher" he says. Next thing I know, our grill is covered in white foam.

We still don't know exactly what happened, but after Jeff had turned off the gas, something continued to burn - so the fire extinguisher was necessary. Guess we'll be looking for a new grill... (hmm...I wonder if this was all a plan so that Jeff could get a new grill... haha)

No comments: