Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Two nights in a row!!!

Good morning all!!! And I do mean good morning! I'm in a great mood this morning, and may not really even need my coffee (nah...I'll still need it...) all because of one good night sleep of almost 6 1/2 uninterrupted zzz's!!!

Through what I've determined is divine intervention, I decided to put Carson in his crib to sleep two nights ago. He was doing well in his bassinet in our bedroom, but I got the feeling that since I could hear every little grunt he made in the middle of the night - it was probably me waking him up to feed when he was between sleep cycles and making a bit of noise rather than him actually wanting to wake up and feed. So - Sunday night we put him in his bassinet. After his last feeding at 10pm, he was in bed by about 10:20 or so. Had Kendall not waken us up 3 times, I would have then slept until 5am when he finally woke up to feed!!! Well...actually that first night I did wake up at 4:45 with a start realizing that I hadn't heard him all night...so I ran to his room and laid my hand upon his chest to make sure he was breathing. (He's lucky I didn't turn on all the lights and pick him up and shake him to get him to cry to make sure he was alive...again...divine intervention! :) ) However - last night...he was asleep by 10:35pm (I was asleep by 10:38pm...haha) and it was 5:19am that he finally woke up to eat. YEAH!!! Plus...Kendall slept soundly last night (the first time in like a week) which meant that I actually slept just about 6 1/2 hours!!! So...now I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed and feeling really good. It has been MONTHS since I've slept that long without interruption (even when I was pregnant I was getting up at least 2 times a night to pee).

So - when my coffee is ready here in about 15 minutes or so - I'll make a toast to all the mom's out there that are still struggling to get some sleep with their newborns. Here's to hoping that we all get a good night sleep tonight!

No comments: