Tuesday, October 07, 2008

What a week...

We have made a discovery about our dog, Rally, that I doubt many people ever get to find out about their animals. Rally (who is just over 80 pounds now, by the way, with lots of growing and filling out yet to do) is allergic to berries. Not sure which ones - could be straw, blue or rasp - but he is allergic...as we found out on Monday morning when Kendall dropped her plate full of berries onto the floor after breakfast and he gobbled them up before I had time to get them all. One hour later...this is what I see:


As Jeff said - he looked like Jimmy Durante with his puffed up snout! Plus - I didn't take a picture, but he had hives all over his body under his hair as well... Thankfully the vet gave him a shot of Benadryl and a steroid and within about 4 hours, he looked normal again...

So my last class of Course 1 of cake decorating was last week...and below is the final product. Definitely a lot better from week 1 that is for sure! :) I won't tell you everything that I know is wrong with the cake...because isn't there always something wrong with a piece of "art" that you put your heart into...no one else can see it - but you sure can! Anyway - tonight I start Course 2 of cake decorating. There is only one cake (done on the last week of class), so no pictures of cakes for a while. But...that week will be a busy one for me as far as cakes are concerned. I'll be doing a cake for the Gator Homecoming Parade party at Jeff's office on the 24th (employees and their families meet at his office for lunch then walk down to the parade), a cake for a friend's baby shower on the 26th, and then the final cake for the class on the 28th. I sure hope my friends and family are hungry!!! haha


Saturday we drove down to Orlando and stayed with Mom and Dad in a hotel...because Sunday we went to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom again with the kids. We had a ball!!! Kendall was so excited all week long...it was practically all she could talk about. The weather was just about perfect (not too hot, a little overcast and a slight breeze every now and then), the kids were in great moods (considering they didn't sleep great the night before and didn't take naps that day at all), and it was great fun watching Mom & Dad race each other with the scooter's they rented for the day. Jeff and I are already checking our calendars to see when we can try to make it down there again...and we are planning on buying some season passes here pretty soon... Here are some pictures of our adventure.
The family as we came into the park.
Mom and Dad.
Kendall and I on the Merry-go-Round
Kendall and Ariel ("The Little Mermaid" for those of you that don't follow Disney movies)
Kendall and Cinderella
Kendall and Belle (from "Beauty and the Beast"...see above)
Kendall & Aurora ("Sleeping Beauty"...gosh...does anyone watch kids movies but us???)
My happy little guy (a little fuzzy...but such a great pic I couldn't resist putting it here)
This is how I normally see him on a day to day basis...always with his mouth open - either shoving in food or "talking"
Dad took a lot of pictures and videos too and has sent me a disk of what he took...so once I get the disk I'm sure I'll put a lot more pictures on here.
Last but not least...I wanted to put on this really cute, short video, of the kids running in circles around our kitchen island...enjoy!!!

1 comment:

Aunt Gail said...

such a beautiful family! Wish your grandmother and grandfather Davis could have seen how lovely your family is. Especially the little red headed guy (he's gotten so big)
Aunt Gail