Saturday, September 27, 2008

Let's Party!!!

You can tell that there are friends in our lives that aren't as into Gator Football games as our family is. Today the kids were invited to two birthday parties...on the same day as a Gator Football game!!! Are these people nuts??? haha So Jeff and one of his co-workers are currently watching the football game in person, as I sit and type my blog entry while watching the game on TV...because this morning Kendall, Carson & I went to a birthday party (3 years old) for Jonathan L., and this evening we will be going to another birthday party for (2 years old) Nicholas T. Not that both of us could have gone to the game if we wanted too...because there isn't one babysitter that is on our list that is able to babysit on Gator Football game days. So, although I do laugh at the fact that people actually have birthdays, weddings, etc. on game days because I know that it decreases the attendance level, it didn't really affect our family because we are still able to have representation at each event. :)

I wanted to include in this post before the memory leaves me, some cute things that Kendall has said in the last few days. Whenever she sees a McDonald's restaurant, she says "Can we eat at Old MacDonald's?" (like the song "Old MacDonald had a farm.." It is hilarious!!) And...today at Jonathan's party, she was running trying to catch up with Lily G., and she yells out "stop right there mister!" She heard this phrase on the movie Finding Nemo. Kelly (Lily's mom) and I just about died laughing...just not the expression you think you would hear out of the mouth of a 2 year old! haha Kendall has also told me that she wants a "yellow birthday". Her favorite color is yellow, and she was telling me that she wants a yellow cake, yellow balloons, yellow hats and yellow presents. How cute is that?
Well - although I wasn't happy with my second cake from class - it is more because I didn't have time to do more to it. But - it did turn out cute. And...Jeannine had me do a cake for her for a birthday party for one of her gal pals. Although I'm not 100% happy with it, Jeannine LOVED it. One more cake for this class to go (and I'm supposed to know how to do roses by the end of it...). I think I'm going to take the level 2 class either in October or November...and in that class there is only one cake total that is done. But...I'll probably still do one every week or so just so that I can keep practicing. I am actually going to make a cake for two different baby showers that I am helping organize - so the more practice the better!!! So...without further ado - here are pictures of the cakes (the chocolate one is from class, the one with pink flowers is for Jeannine).

And...here are pictures of the kids as promised.
Miss May (our babysitter) took these pictures of the kids eating a snack. I just LOVE their smiles!!!

The following are pictures of our Gator girl at Jonathan's party.

Our little guy at Jonathan's party this morning - I think we will have to surgically remove his thumb from his mouth! haha

Kendall, Lily & Ty awaiting a piece of Birthday cake.

The feeding frenzy that was the aftermath of the pinata being opened. :)

How many kids can you fit into a tube?? Hmmm
Who was that masked child??? Jonathan's party was a "Batman" party, and they all got in on the fun.
Lily finally got her mask.
Even baby Trevor became a bat-baby!

No comments: