Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

As I was sitting down at my computer this morning, I immediately reached for the calendar I have been using for the past 12 months to see what was ahead for the rest of this week. That is when I realized...I can officially close 2008 and officially open 2009. Wow. Anyone who reads our blog knows what a year 2008 was for our family. Needless to say - Jeff and I were very happy to see an end to 2008. Not only personally, but professionally for Jeff - as with the market being down so far where it is - it makes his work extremely stressful.



I've never been one for resolutions...in fact...I did make some "goals" at the beginning of last year - and I think I can honestly say that I didn't fulfill one of them. But isn't that what life is like...we can make as many plans as we want, but then God laughs and says "Nope. That isn't my plan for your life. Try this one on for size." And of course, He is always good and knows what is best for us, even if we think the path we have gone down is not the right one for us...God knows that it is.



So as I open my calendar for 2009, I see where I've filled in details for the days. Kendall's gymnastics and ballet classes, the kids pre-school, doctor's appointments, trips out of town, Junior League meetings and commitments, holidays. And I also see where apparently one of my children got a hold of my calendar and managed to scribble in black ink over a quarter of 10 of the 12 months...and it makes me laugh and think back to what I said above. No matter how orderly and organized I've tried to be with my new calendar...God, in his infinite wisdom, always throws you a curve ball and says "Try this one on for size."

So - here's to having an eventful, happy, and filled with love 2009. Happy New Year from our family to yours!

No comments: