Thursday, February 14, 2008

Attention Shoppers!!!

(So you can tell you're a parent when the most exciting thing you do on Valentine's Day is go to the grocery store and write in your blog about it...)

Anyone that lives near a Publix Supermarket - pay close attention!!! I was let in on a little secret from our cashier as we were checking out. I had made a comment about how proud my husband would be at the amount of money in coupons I was able to use (over $8!!!), and the cashier said "I probably shouldn't tell you this, but..." Here is the scoop - they accept competitor's coupons!!! Not just the ones that come in the Sunday paper...the ones that come on Wednesdays (I think...). For example - in your paper you'll get the Winn Dixie and Albertsons circulars (along with a couple more I think...) and sometimes they have coupons for in store use. Well...since I never go anywhere but Publix - I never collect any coupons from anywhere else. BUT...if you take their coupons to Publix - Publix will accept them!!! For example - Winn Dixie apparently often has a "$10 off a $75 purchase". Publix will accept that coupon!!! YIPEE!!!! So I'm sure they'll even accept the coupons from like Wal-Mart & Target (although the cashier didn't say those stores specifically...) I can't wait until Wednesday's paper to see what kind of deals I can get on Thursday!!!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

No comments: