Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It is so neat watching our children grow up. I took a trip back in memory lane and looked at a picture of Kendall when she was about Carson's age...wow...what a difference!!!
This is actually a picture of the two of us exactly one year before Carson was born. She was already a little blondie!!! What a difference 18 months makes!!! Watching her grow up day by day it is so hard to think of her ever being that small. I find myself thinking of Carson as such a little baby - and I don't remember ever thinking like that with Kendall. It must be because with your first child - you have nothing to compare the ages and stages to. Unfortunately - I wasn't good about recording "firsts" for Kendall...and what she was like day by day...so I find myself at a loss when I try to figure out how Carson is doing in comparison to her. I've got the "big" firsts - crawling, pulling up, walking, etc. But not the little ones - vocalizing, playing, etc. What a shame...if only I had started this blog back then...then I'd have my memory recorded for all posterity!

Kendall and Carson are playing together all the time now. I know it sounds impossible...he is only 7 1/2 months old. But...really! They will crawl around on the floor...first him chasing her and then her chasing him. I hear squeals and giggles from both of them as they (especially Kendall) realize what it really means to have a sibling - instant playmate! It is so fun!!! Kendall is also such a little love right now. She is constantly saying "I lub..." (insert whatever is in her arms). For example - at breakfast this morning she was eating waffles, and she says "I lub waples" and "hugs" the waffle close to her face. She'll do that with just about anything. The most precious times are when she runs up to me or Jeff and tells us that she loves us and gives us hugs. I LOVE IT!!! I also know that in 10 years - I will hear the exact opposite of "I love you" on more than one occassion... haha
Saturday we went down to Silver Springs for the day. It is only about an hour's drive...and although it isn't a theme park like Disney - there is plenty to do and see. Unfortunately...I didn't make sure that my camera was fully charged before we went - so I didn't take too many pictures. However - we do plan on going down again (we bought annual passes) soon - so I'll take more pictures. But here are a few.
And Jeff says he can't see that he and his boy look exactly alike...in my mind - there is no doubt!!!

In all the pictures that we did take of me and Kendall - she never once looked at the camera...oh well...
Have a great week!!!

No comments: