Sunday, September 07, 2008

Go Gators!

I have to admit...prior to meeting Jeff - I was NEVER a big sports fan. Living in St. Louis area growing up, I've always (and still do) love the Cardinal's baseball team - but even then I never followed any of the games, etc. Regardless of the sport, I've always loved going to games - whether it be baseball, football, hockey, etc. Something about all the smells and tastes (there is NOTHING better than a ballpark hotdog) and sounds...it really gets under your skin and it is hard not to get enthusiastic. Anyway - my point of all this...is that when I met Jeff I knew that he was a HUGE University of Florida Football fan. In fact, we scheduled our wedding (and almost our children) around football season. Heaven forbid that when our 10th anniversary came around that there was a big football game... Jeff tried to tell me when we first met that I would become a big Gator fan myself someday. I smiled and nodded, trying to appease his enthusiasm. However - I will say...after being a couple for 6 years and married for 4 1/2 years...he was right! I love going to the games and following the plays and I even read the sports pages sometimes when there is information about the Gators. I watch the other SEC teams, paying attention to who wins and loses so that I know how the Gators need to do to get the SEC Championship. I pretty much know the top 10 in the BCS standings at any given time...and although I may not watch any of those games, I anxiously look at the results section of the sports page so I can see if we moved up in the standings and hope each week that we get closer to being able to make it to the National Championship game again. This has all been said because the Gators beat the University of Miami last night, 29-3, for the first time since 1985!!! Go Gators!!!



Ok...onto family stuff... The kids started "school" this week...and I actually was able to get my hair done without having to hire a babysitter! Heaven!!!

Carson & I outside of Carson's classroom.


This next week should be even better, as I have a pretty clear schedule all week long. Friday night, we tried to see how long the kids would last at a football game. Answer - 1 1/2 quarters! Jeff's HS Alum, Oak Hall, which is just around the corner from us, had a home football game, so we decided to try and go. It was fun going to a high school football game again...I haven't been to one since I was in high school myself. And it was fun seeing the high school kids running around (did I really look that young???) Here are a couple of pictures we took at the game:



No comments: