Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Martha Stewart I'm not

So I decided to take a cake decorating class at my local Michael's craft store along with one of my girlfriends, Penny. I don't have any grand ideas of starting any kind of business, or even entering any amateur competitions...I just thought that if I could bake and decorate my kids birthday cakes from this point forward - it would eventually make up for the cost of the class. So...I've already had two classes, and baked/decorated one cake. The instructor assures us that by the end of week four (which is three decorated cakes) that we will be able to tell a BIG difference between cake one and cake three. Well...we've got a few weeks before we can see if what she said is true...but here is a picture of the first one.


As you can tell from the pictures...I still have a LOT of work ahead of me before I start my own bakery! haha

In order to have a more peaceful nighttime after putting Kendall to bed...we have taken away her afternoon naps. We would put her to bed at 8pm (normal bedtime), but she would stay up and play and call for us sometimes up to as late as 9:30/10pm...and then still wake up at 6:30am. So I figured that with the 2 to 3 hour nap she was getting every day...that it was just too much. So...Sunday was our first day without a nap, and she slept GREAT! She went to bed at 7:30 and with the exception of waking up one time, slept until 7am. Same with last night...and hopefully same with tonight.

Carson has discovered something...he not only likes but can climb to the top of Rally's box in the living room. And...of course...as the concerned mother I am...I run to find my camera before I make him get down...



And last but certainly not least...here is Jeff's idea of "watching" the kids. hehe

Now before someone runs off and calls DCF on us...they, of course, were playing and Jeff never left the room, and as soon as he took a few pictures, he opened the door, much to their chagrin.

No comments: