Monday, January 03, 2011

Back to the routine

Today was the last day of the Christmas vacation from the kids pre-school. Am I saddened by the fact that I won't have the kids with me 24/7? Am I disappointed that I won't have their smiling faces with me when I go to the grocery store the next time I go? In a word....NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! I discovered long ago that I am one of those moms that NEEDS the time away from the kids... Honestly - I've done pretty well...considering it has only been the last 3 or 4 days that I have been up to here (*holding my hand by my forehead*) with them. BUT...they are tired of each other too I'm sure! Today they have been all over each other constantly...and actually needed to be separated for 10 minutes... Anyway - I am going to miss the leisurely mornings...staying in my PJs until noon... But there is something to be said about a schedule. As much I can and do get frustrated in the mornings trying to get us all out of the house with the house actually looking somewhat decent before we leave...it does keep me busy and motivated to get stuff done. I have done next to nothing this vacation... Part of me feels guilty...but part of me needed the break...which is why I think it has only been the last 3 or 4 days that I've felt cabin fever and very restless... So - tomorrow the kids will head back to pre-school, I'll go to my weekly Mom's Bible study...and we'll try to get back on some sort of routine... *fingers crossed*

No comments: