Thursday, January 20, 2011

Not as good...but still happy.

I think I need to rename my blog...to "Coupon Times" or something...that is all I've written about for over a week... ah well...

So today was one of my first big shopping trips without kids where I could really concentrate. Let me first say that I wasn't as excited about the sales and coupon match-ups this week as I was last week (in other words - not a lot of stuff that was "free" or "cash back"). BUT...this week every single thing I bought I will use - whereas last week I've got a bag full of Maalox and Vitamin D and baby lotion that I'll never use currently sitting in my laundry room. So - for those of you that are willing to read my grocery list - enjoy...otherwise - skip to below:

2 Gallons Milk
1 bag shredded Mexican cheese
1 block Colby/jack cheese
4 packages of milk boxes
4 boxes Mrs. Paul's Fish Sticks
4 bags Bird's Eye Steamfresh veggies
2 tubes of Colgate toothpaste
2 boxes lunchables
2 4-packs of YoPlait Yo-Plus yogurt
2 packages Perdue chicken breasts
1 package boneless pork chops
1 package beef cubed steak
2 whole chickens
2 bags of Halls Cough drops
1 bag Dunkin Donuts whole bean coffee
4 boxes Taco Bell taco dinner kit
2 bottles Aunt Jemima Syrup
2 jars Tostito salsa
4 jars Ragu pasta sauce
1 bottle Niacin
8 bags Kraft Homestyle Mac n Cheese
2 packs make-up remover towels
6 bags Idahoian instant mashed potatoes
3 bottles Mott's Apple juice
2 bags Fresh Express salad
1 bag Romaine Hearts
1 package Tortillas
1 5lb bag of potatoes
3 Tomatoes
2 Sweet onions
1 package zucchini
2 red bell peppers
1 garlic
1 package of Pull-ups
1 package of Viva paper towels.

Just in store savings alone - there was $75.55 - this is before I even gave them a coupon! So this is on the BOGOs and sales on veggies and meat, etc. Then...I had another $42.16 in coupons! So - total OOP $147.29 (ouch...), total savings - $116.71. Not as impressive as before - but seeing as I plan on using each and every thing I bought - I'm happy. I have a spreadsheet that I've been using to track my total percentage of savings now that I'm doing this. So far for the year - I'm averaging savings at 65%!!! I would guess I only did 15-20% last year...so I'm thrilled just at that!

On Sunday when I get the inserts - there is supposed to be a coupon for Hunt's canned tomatoes - so I'll be buying 12 of them for only $3.30 (with a total savings of $12.90 between BOGO and another coupon I have for them.) And...beyond that...I don't have any plans on heading back to the store this week. I think that today's trip took care of us for another week... Since I used the emealz.com service this week to plan 4 dinners from Sunday night through Saturday night next week, I don't think we'll need anything else at the store.

I'll keep you posted (as usual...)

No comments: