Sunday, January 09, 2011

Whew...it was a close one.

As I mentioned in my prior post, part of me doing the new couponing...is to get multiple copies of the coupons each week. Luckily - my newspaper delivery guy gave me my coupon inserts BOTH on Saturday and Sunday...then, my mother-in-law kept her inserts out for me. So - just to start the day I had 3 copies. But...that isn't enough... So - after the kids were in bed this evening, I ran off to the store to get a few more copies.

First stop - Publix by (about a mile from) my house - plenty of papers...no inserts. 2nd and 3rd stops - CVS and Walgreen's about 2 miles from there...same thing. "UGGGHHH" I thought. "Here I am trying to get the whole process started and I'm stalled before I even begin." So - I sent a text to my mentor in all of this...and before she answered (which she never did...but how many people actually have their cell phones by them at 8:30 on a Sunday evening???) I decided to run down to another Publix and CVS that are about 3 miles from there. Thankfully - the papers were at the Publix and I never had to check the CVS. But - when the guy showed me where they keep their papers...I literally squealed a little bit! I was so excited after being shut out three other times...I almost felt like a kid in a candy store!!! And all of this over coupon inserts... I can't wait until I have my first receipt where I saved the same as or more than I spent!!! I think I'll be doing back flips out of the store... haha

Oh - and to try to reinforce what I'm going to be practicing...I signed up for a class that the wife of an associate pastor at my church teaches. She teaches essentially the same thing, but also uses CVS and Walgreen's a lot more than my friend. It is a one night a week for three weeks class, and I hope that the reinforcement of what I'm learning, along with three more weeks of instruction, will keep me going in these next few weeks when things are bound to be slow as I'm getting everything together.

I'll keep you posted! :)

No comments: